When Christmas morning rolls around, the last thing you want is a tricky hairstyle taking up precious time that could be better spent opening presents under the tree. And while we know you want to be cozied up in your pajamas with a mimosa in hand when you wake up, it’s only a matter of time before someone starts snapping pictures – it is Christmas after all! So what’s a girl to do? We’ve put together a list of easy hairstyles that are just messy enough for your jammies, but won’t leave you looking like you rolled out of bed, even if you did (we won’t tell if you don’t)!
The Half Up-Half Down
- Twist a small section of hair from one side of your head and secure it with a pin in the middle of your head.
- Twist back a small section of hair from the other side and tuck it behind the first twisted section, pinning it in the middle of your head.
- The better you can conceal the bobby pins, the more effortless the look!
Tip: Have naturally curly or wavy hair? Once your style is completed, spray Mighty Hair Spray directly to the inside tips of your fingers, then use your fingertips to gently lay down any fly aways or out-of-control hairs.
The Double Knot
- Start with hair down and create a middle part, as if you’re going to create two pigtails.
- Tie the hair in a knot; like you would when tying your shoe, leaving ends hanging.
- Instead of doing a bow, grab the two strands from the first knot and repeat Step 2, creating a second knot. Secure in place with bobby pins and spray with flex hold hairspray, like Mighty Hair Spray.
- For a sleeker look, tie the knot at the nape of the neck. For a more tousled look, as shown, let hair remain loose and tie the knot closer to your ends.
Tip: For hair with plenty of texture but without the frizz, emulsify Texture Styling Crème in hands and run through strands before styling. Pliable, weightless control with light separation and sublime texture is yours for the taking!
The Side-Swept Dutch Braid
- Part hair into a deep side part.
- Take your fingers to the end of your part, separating hair diagonally down the back so hair is in two sections.
- Dutch braid (bring the outside strands under the middle strand, rather than over) the side with less hair, starting at the hairline and braiding towards the nape of your neck and secure with elastic.
- Bobby pin the secured ends to your scalp, slightly under the rest of your loose hair to conceal the elastic.
- Finish with Mighty Hair Spray to hold hair in place.
The Messy Top Knot
- Start with a lightweight styling mousse or foam that will add body and texture, while keeping hair pliable. We recommend Styling Foam for voluminous hair full of velvety texture.
- Pull all your hair into a ponytail at the crown of your head. Pull hair through an elastic band twice, but not fully through the third time, creating a loop.
- Take the ends of the looped section and wrap around the elastic, securing with bobby pins.
- Remember, the messier the bun, the better so don’t be afraid of a few flyaways!
For more hair tutorials, tips, and tricks, explore our blog or follow us on social!