When it comes to accessories, the hat definitely tops the summer style list. Hats are as functional as they are fashion-forward, shading our faces from the sun and keeping us looking good while doing so! From baseball caps to floppy sun hats, there’s a style for each and every one of us. And while I won’t deny the wonders a hat can work on a bad hair day, imagine how fabulous you’d look in a hat when your hair is at its best! It’s time to let go of your preconceived hat hair notions darlings, because I’ve got news for you; hat hair doesn’t have to be a bad thing! Don’t believe me? I’ve got the hair hat do’s to make you a believer.
No matter what style you decide upon, we recommend prepping your strands with our Texture Styling Crème. It will help you achieve the textured touch that characterizes all three of these styles. And its anti-frizz formula will keep your ‘do looking good long after your hat has come off!
The Fishtail Braid
A fishtail braid (or two!) compliments nearly every style of hat, giving you that carefree look with just the right amount of chic-ness.
- Separate hair into two equal sections and fishtail the hair.
- When you have an inch or two left at the bottom of the braid, secure with a hair tie.
- Gently pull at the braided strands for a more voluminous look.
The Messy Side Bun
The messy bun was practically made for a wide-brimmed hat! When warm weather strikes, keep the sun from your face and your hair off your neck without compromising style.
- The key to achieving this perfectly undone ‘do? Skip the hairbrush.
- Pull your hair back and slightly to one side in a low ponytail, leaving a few face framing layers free. Secure with hair tie.
- Flip the ends of your ponytail upward and secure with a second hair tie, creating a piece-y, tucked bun.
The Au Natural
No fuss, no muss, just looking “fabu-luss!” Don’t be afraid to rock your untouched tresses. The right hat compliments all hair types, whether your hair is naturally straight, wavy, curly, even frizzy! If hat static has you worried, just add 1-2 pumps of Fluro5 Elixier Restore & Repair Oil and problem solved!
- Wake up, add hat, done!
- For an extra touch, add a tiny braid or two throughout your hair.
Your hat should compliment your hair, not hide it! Consider these three do’s your style stepping-stone; make them your own and get creative! The hat hair variations are endless.
Want more summer hair how-to’s and healthy hair tips? Check out our blog and follow us on social!
Photos Courtesy of: @caraloren, @emilieeeek, @makehairhot