The bob was big in 2019, and the trend continues throughout 2020. With stars off stage and screen going shorter last year, if you went for the chop too, you were in A-list company. The likes of Kaia Gerber, Natalie Portman, Lily James, and Reese Witherspoon all embraced this shorter style.
The beauty of the bob is that it’s uber versatile and suits all face shapes. It’s just one of those styles that will never go out of fashion. Whether you prefer elegance or edgy, chic or cool, there are endless ways in which the bob can be styled. So whether you prefer to dress it up, slick it back, or add a bit of distressed undone texture, here’s our top pick of how to style your bob in 2020.
8 Creative ways to style your bob
1. Is there any style more coveted than the short beachy waved bob? It’s the reason we developed our Sugar Texturizing Spray. This relaxed style works well both day and night and also suits all face shapes. To get the look, part hair in the center and blow-dry with a large round brush to smooth out the hair. Next, take random sections of hair and twist them with your straighteners. Going first one way, and then the next before brushing through. Complete the look with N4 Sugar Texturizing Spray.
2. Take a cue from Sienna Miller and wear your bob with baby braids in your front parting for a fresh and vibrant look. Starting at the hairline, you’re going to need to split the hair on one side into three sections. The look you’re trying to achieve is a loose, soft braided cornrow. Complete the look with some gently tousled waves, and for daylong staying power, add a spritz of N4’s Non Aerosol Hairspray.
3. Looking for a cool and current way to update your bob? How about flicking the ends out with your curling iron? It’s a playful look that brings a new dimension to this classic style.
4. If you’re suffering from a badly behaved bob at the front that’s just refusing to sit well today, grab a statement slide and pin your bob back. There’s nothing that can raise your hair gamer better than a Gucci or Chanel slide! Or go big with an exaggerated bow in velvet to add an instant touch of glamour to any bad hair day situation.
5. In danger of your bob looking altogether a bit too “mumsy”? Then why not experiment with a strong and sharp side parting and wearing your bob super sleek and straight? It’s such a strong and sassy look. Tuck your bob behind your ears and add plenty of gel for a wet-look finish. Try using N4’s Firm Hold Gel for a super shiny finish but without stickiness.
6. Add some 90’s inspired space buns to your bob. It’s a strong and playful look which just somehow seems to work better when your hair is cut in a chin-length bob.
7. Cut it blunt to earlobe length to instantly add a touch of Parisian chic to your look. It’s oooh la la lovely! Tie a simple headscarf around your head for a cute yet cute retro style.
8. Finally, how about really making your bob pop with a fun statement hued color? It’s an instant head-turning look and will ensure you’re the mane attraction this year!
There you have it! Fun and creative ways to style your bob throughout 2020.