It’s a funny dance we do as hair lovers; we obsess over our hair quality and health, while simultaneously stripping our strands of their vitality with chemicals and heat. Thankfully, we can have our macaroons, and eat them, too! As a maven of moisture, I’d like to pass on my top five tips for keeping hair hydrated.
- Use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner. This may seem obvious, but with so many hair products on the market, it seems everything claims to be “hydrating.” Cut through the noise and choose a duo that’s been designed specifically for dry hair to ensure you’re using the best products for your hair type.
- Condition even on days you don’t wash. Depending on your level of activity, showering every day may be necessary, in which case you can add moisture to your hair even when you don’t wash it. This gives you an added boost of hydration in between shampoos.
- Mix in a masque for extra nutrition. Once a week, break out the big guns with a deep conditioning treatment that’s extra rich and emollient. In under 5 minutes, the Reconstructing Masque will have hair feeling softer, stronger, and smoother than you ever thought possible.
- Put down the hot tools. Heat worshippers should be particularly aware of the moisture they remove when styling with hot tools, as this is the number one way hair becomes dry and brittle. If you can, skip a few styling days each week in favor of an air-dried natural look or updo. Trust me, your locks will thank you!
- If you must style with heat, use a thermal spray. We love our Thermal Styling Spray for its protective properties and delicious scent!
Want more hair care tips, tricks, and tutorials? Follow us on Twitter: @Number4HairCare !