So, I’m guilty. New York Fashion Week had me so enthralled, that it’s taken me a few days to sift through my favorite styles, but I’ve finally found the one that simply MUST make it into your spring lineup! In the high fashion world, it still seems to be all about braids, but not the incredibly intricate twists you’ve seen all over Pinterest. This season, the most sought-after styles in the hair world are two things: elegant and edgy. Add a little effortless chic to your look à la Louis Vuitton with peek-a-boo braids: a softer take on a punk rock style that adds texture and interest to your hair.
- On fully dry hair, flat iron any sections that are kinked or dented for a smooth finish all over.
- Work 1-2 pumps of Fluoro5 Restore and Repair Oil onto mid-shafts and through your ends to add shine and softness.
- Divide hair into three even sections: the back and both sides.
- Separate a ¼ inch section of hair into three sections and begin braiding, leave 2-3 inches unbraided on bottom.
- Seal in any breakage along your braid and keep it secure without any elastics with a seed-sized amount of Texture Styling Crème.
- Repeat this process to complete 4-5 braids per section, spaced evenly around your head. Be sure to pull sections from lower layers as well so that your braids poke out from all points, giving you that “peek-a-boo” effect.
- Finish with Mighty Hair Spray to seal in your style and catch any remaining flyaways.
Want more tutorials at your fingertips? Connect with us on social!