When it comes to curls, the grass is always greener. Those who have them spend hours straightening, containing, or even chemically treating their hair, and those with straw-like locks will do anything for a little movement in their mane. Instead of fighting your hair, why not free it? With the right styles and products, curly girls don’t need to shy away from letting their natural waves do the talking. Next time you’re feeling frisky, unleash one of these three styles and watch your kinks and coils feel shamelessly chic.
*Disclaimer- These styles are meant for all levels of curl, you just may need more or less product to help them hold their shape!
Depending on the level of frizz and length of your hair, you likely wear your hair like this fairly regularly. However, while the natural look can often be the most beautiful, many wavy women miss the mark when it comes to doing it right.
- Allow your curls their natural direction and spontaneity without crossing over into the just-touched-the-light-socket look.
- Begin by apply a serum like the Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil to damp hair and air dry. The lightweight oil will control flyaways and keep hair feeling soft and touchable.
The best part about this style is that it expertly blends the elegance of an updo with the fun, flirtatiousness of a ponytail. Particularly for those with rounder faces that worry about their curls accentuating that fact, this style adds height for better balance.
- Create a messy ponytail with the back 2/3 of your hair, leaving shorter layers or untied in front.
- Flip the ponytail forward, creating a waterfall effect starting at the crown (near the elastic) and cascading around your hairline.
- Secure the ends in small 1-2 inch sections so that they evenly frame your face. Not sure your curls are up to the challenge?
- Create texture with Texture Styling Crème by applying it to damp hair, air-drying, then styling.
The Faux Bob
Chop your locks without fear of regret! A faux bob is totally on trend right now, and not just for fine-haired fillies.
- Begin by applying Styling Foam to damp hair and letting it air-dry.
- Use an elastic to secure hair in a ponytail at the nape of your neck.
- Slide the elastic down to the furthest point on your hair, making a tiny pony.
- Then tuck the ends and roll from the center outwards to bob length. Secure as you go with multiple bobby pins.
Want more tips by hair type? Check out our Twitter for on-the-go advice on all your hair needs!